Truck Driver - Grand Junction, CO #152857
Company: XPO Logistics Freight Inc.
City: Grand Junction, CO
Employment type: Full-time
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world\'s most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L\'Oréal and many others. We\'re growing worldwide. And we\'re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you\'re ready to give us your best, let\'s talk. We\'d like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
At XPO Logistics, our driver job is not just behind the wheel. If you are looking to drive our business and not just our trucks, XPO Logistics could be a good fit for you. Our drivers not only deliver freight and final goods to our service centers and customers\' businesses safely, efficiently and free from damage, but they are also involved in unloading and distributing the freight as well. A XPO Logistics driver is also a key part of our customer service team, as they frequently interface with customers, forging our relationship with them and driving future business.\n\n
Compensation & Benefits:\n\n
Pay starts at $20.77 per hour and may also include the opportunity for overtime and an annual company bonus. Benefit plans are based on length of employment, beginning with 401k eligibility and expanding up to full medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance and disability. XPO Logistics is a great opportunity for a challenging career with tremendous growth potential and the flexibility to be home every day.\n\n
- Able to work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend). \n
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally); safely operate heavy equipment; move, position and connect/disconnect a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.; safely climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; operate a tractor/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials; and safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties. \n
- Safely operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable). \n
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations. \n
- Maintain a current Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Doubles/Triples endorsements. \n
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required. \n
- Provide service excellence to customers including generating sales leads to appropriate personnel. \n
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location. \n
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:\n\n
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver\'s license. \n
- Hazardous materials endorsement required. \n
- Doubles/Triples endorsement required. \n
- Tank Vehicle endorsement (Tankers) required. \n
- Must be 21 years of age or older. \n
- Forklift experience preferred. \n
- Safe driving record and history. \n
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals. \n
- Pass a company paid DOT physical. \n
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.\n\n
XPO Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.\n
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.\n
You need to be authorized to apply for this job.
You can find the authorization form on the right panel or below the content area if you use a mobile device. If you don't have an account yet please Sign Up now.