Model Risk Governance and Review - Estimations Risk Committees Manager – Vice President - New York, NY #152423
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Category: Restaurant / Food Services
City: New York, NY
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Risk Management has established several Estimations Risk Committees (ERCs) at firmwide level and at select businesses: Corporate Investment Bank, IB, Consumer & Community Banking and Asset Management. These committees have the mandate to provide clear escalation and reporting mechanism for model risk. The Firmwide Estimations Risk Committee (FERC) will have the responsibility to set the prioritization of model risk activities, drive consistency through review of LOB activities, review reporting and resolve escalated model risk issues. The Line of Business ERCs (LOB ERCs) are tasked with implementing model and non-model risk governance, reviewing model risk reports, attending to critical model issues, reviewing remediation activities and staffing at the LOB level.
The committee manager is responsible for closely working with the committee secretary and chairs to establish agenda setup and conduct the recurring meetings. The committee manager will assemble all the presentation material, attend meetings and write minutes. Additionally, they will manage Risk Committees of LOBs that do not have a dedicated ERC (i.e. Commercial Bank and CTC) to ensure model risk topics are covered by them. In this role the committee manager will have exposure to risk management and business leadership at the company. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are key to the success of this role.
· Ensuring the integrity of the Estimations Risk Committees governance framework and escalation processes
· Working with committee chairs to schedule and help steer the monthly MRC meetings
· Working with committee chairs to develop agendas for future meetings
· Coordinate collection and distribution of meeting materials
· Coordinate LOB updates to FERC and Sub-LOB updates to LOB ERCs
· Keep pulse of important model issues and raise them in appropriate venues
· Capture follow-ups and report status to committees
· Create draft minutes, solicit feedback from committee members and present final meeting minutes for approval
· Collect and store all required compliance artifacts
· 7 years’ experience preferably in the financial industry and/or Risk Management. Experience in Model Risk Management preferred
· Bachelor’s degree required (MBA, advanced degree preferred)
· Ability to articulate plans, status and complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior management
· Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries, developing strong organizational relationships
· Extremely high-attention to detail and ability to focus on macro and micro deliverables
· High degree of organizational capability and diligence to simultaneously work on multiple projects / deliverables
· Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools (absolutely required)
Organization: *CORPORATE SECTOR
Title: Model Risk Governance and Review - Estimations Risk Committees Manager – Vice President
Location: NY-New York-277 Park Avenue / 03363
Requisition ID: 170016581
You need to be authorized to apply for this job.
You can find the authorization form on the right panel or below the content area if you use a mobile device. If you don't have an account yet please Sign Up now.