Dock Worker (Full-Time) - Henderson, CO #152280
Company: XPO Logistics Freight Inc.
City: Henderson, CO
Employment type: Full-time
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world\'s most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L\'Oréal and many others. We\'re growing worldwide. And we\'re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you\'re ready to give us your best, let\'s talk. We\'d like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
Pay Starts at $16.09\n\n
At XPO Logistics, you will work alongside a top caliber management team that not only understands the transportation industry but the importance of utilizing and developing top talent. If you are looking to build a solid and long-lasting career where you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work, look to XPO Logistics.\n\n
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes. \n
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed. \n
- Utilize mobile hand held devices for tracking shipments. \n
- Safely climb in and out of trailers. \n
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally). \n
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope). \n
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery. \n
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties. \n
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports. \n
- Ability to handle hazardous materials. \n
- Adhere to company safety policies. \n
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented. \n
- Safely work in adverse weather conditions. \n
- Perform other duties as assigned. \n
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:\n\n
- Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus. \n
- Prior forklift experience in a freight / less than truckload environment preferred. \n
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred. \n
- At least 18 years of age. \n
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail. \n
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator. \n
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.) \n
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift. \n
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training. \n
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member. \n
- Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation. \n
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.\n\n
XPO Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.\n
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.\n
You need to be authorized to apply for this job.
You can find the authorization form on the right panel or below the content area if you use a mobile device. If you don't have an account yet please Sign Up now.